Friday, June 25, 2010

It's not Syracuse without rain (or snow)

After my week and a half from hell ended, I threw some things in a backpack and took an impromptu trip up to Syracuse, where I had spent the better part of 4 years for undergrad. One of my lovely housemates still lives there in the house we lived in for junior and senior year and I was more than happy to spend the next 24 hours with her, her boyfriend and some of her new housemates :)

We watched Finding Nemo and went to the zoo, where of course it poured for the better part of our visit but I still had a great time. After looking through the pictures I took at the zoo I realized that there are pretty much none of people, just animals, and I want the ones that Alida and Ashli took on their cameras!

DSCN2543

DSCN2547

DSCN2552

DSCN2555

DSCN2557
Matt: When do ducks have babies? In the spring right? Me: Look down.

DSCN2560
Ashli chasing a duck :D

DSCN2563

DSCN2572
"There there, it's ok to be pregnant and fat."

DSCN2575

During a moment of really heavy rain we hung out with the snow leopards. Neither of us wanted to be directly in the downpour. I also spent the better part of our time at the zoo making up what I thought the animals were thinking...plus we found Nemo and his dad, Jacque and Dory!

DSCN2587

Overall, my trip was worth it despite having to get up on Wednesday at 7am so I could drive home, shower and be at work by 1pm. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment