Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Childhood Part 2

Why is it that when you're having a bad day, the bad things just seem to multiply? Getting up at 6am to be at work at 7 was bad enough but then there came plenty of rude customers and the speedometer of my car not working. Add my dad turning the hot water off while I was showering and claiming he didn't know I was in the shower and my ex's new girlfriend being cuter than me to the mix and I'm all cranky and tired and it's only 10pm haha but on the bright side, at least I can laugh at myself. A month ago I'd probably have just cried...maybe I am feeling better than I thought I was.

Either way, here is installment 2 of my childhood photos. If you couldn't tell from my last family photographs, I am adopted. I was born in Seoul, South Korea and flew into JFK Airport in NY on May 7, 1987 less than 5 months after I was born. My brother, who is genetically my parent's child was born almost 3 years after me. He was a surprise :D I always get questions like, "When did you find out you were adopted?" and "Do you ever want to find your birth parents?" Honestly, my family is my family and I wouldn't trade them for anything (even though they can get on my nerves sometimes!). I was lucky to be adopted into a HUGE irish catholic family (my dad's side) and I can say truthfully that I've never gone one day feeling like I didn't fit in with them. They are crazy, loud and know how to have a good time but most importantly they would do anything for each other and for me and I'd do the same for them.

Cowboys

Back when we liked each other haha

Mom, Jack, Cadie

The following pictures are some of my favorite polaroids! I find it funny how the snowman has a different expression in every picture and how inappropriate it looks :D

Cadie, Jack, snowman

Jack

Cadie and snowman

1 comment:

  1. First off- the middle photo of you and jack is PRECIOUS!
    Second off- I had a bad day today too..
    Third off- and MOST IMPORTANTLY, I fb stalked.. and you need to get your eyes checked, I'm thinking your contact prescription is a bit wonky. I'll text you- then you'll read my comment and the whole world will make sense! i <3 you!

    ReplyDelete